Since there never seems to be enough time for anything on a Friday, I’m going to put allthebaseballnewsyoucouldeverwant into a 10 piece rundown. ‘K? K.
10. The Giants lost the final game against Houston yesterday, but seriously, who’s thinking about that? I, for one, am still coasting on the perfect game and ten runs and all of that fabulousness. Zito gets out of jail free, in terms of blog ripping.
9. Birthday bonanza! Andy Pettitte is turning 40 today and that reminded me that I’ve been meaning to talk about him. Do you see what he’s doing over in New York? He’s rocking a 2.81 ERA over six starts and showing no signs of slowing. Ah-mazing. Can I please be like that when I’m 40?
8. Also having a birthday today is our very own Tim Lincecum. Say what you will about him at this moment, I got to thinking about when I was at the stadium on his birthday two years ago and we all sang Happy Birthday to him as he signed autographs. It’s a rather nice memory. I think we should all have peace on earth and goodwill to all, especially Tiny Tim. And I think I have a good feeling about his start tomorrow in Seattle provided, of course, that my sunglasses are present.
7. It is also Neil Patrick Harris’s birthday, for whatever it’s worth. Actually, this is what it’s worth. It seems appropriate for my blog, because I think it all the time after I publish a post.
6. Aubrey Huff apparently injured his knee jumping over the railing to celebrate da perfect game. Ow. CSNBayArea reports he’s headed to the DL and we’re going to be seeing Justin Christian in his place. The plot thickens.
5. My cupcake calendar (Do. Not. Laugh.) has had birthday cupcakes for the past few days and today, as well. It knows me! It’s psychic! It knows Timmy and Andy and Neily! Maybe! Probably not, but still!
4. Madison Bumgarner is facing King Felix on Sunday and I cannot wait. It promises to be a great pitching matchup/total blowout, just because we all thought it would be a great pitching matchup.
3. For once, I am totally rooting for the Diamondbacks as they take on the Angels who are a nerve-inducing 3.0 back from Texas. Go Diamondbacks. I can’t bring myself to include an exclamation point, but seriously, beat them Angels. (Scoreboard watching? Heck yes.)
2. I think I’ve failed to talk about the now infamous “Clown question, bro,” incident, so I am going to do right that right now. Bryce Harper has got some serious ‘tude. I alternate between loving it and loathing it. His use of “bro” which needs to die now is kind of edging me onto the loathing it side, but the deadpan delivery is helping with the love.
1. Oh, did you hear? Matt Cain pitched a perfect game. Yeah.