I’m sitting here, realizing this is my second New Year’s on my blog (you can see last year’s here, if you are morbidly or otherwise interested), which seems completely bizarre but pretty great at the same time. Sifting through all this year’s posts yesterday, I realized how much has really gone down here and I’ve loved every moment of it.
So, yes. Sappiness. I very much appreciate you all reading (aka, tolerating) my stuff and wish you a very happy new year and hope your tortur—I mean, team of choice does well in 2012. Provided their name is not Dodgers or Angels or Red Sox or Phillies or Cardinals. (Just kidding, guys. I will attempt- and perhaps fail, but attempt all the same- to love your team no matter who they are.)
Okay. Now that that’s out of the way! Let do the whole resolution thing.
First, last year’s resolutions:
1. I resolve to visit my grandparents in Los Angeles without fighting over whether Wilson or Broxton is a better closer. (DID NOT SUCCEED. ALSO, UNFORTUNATELY, STARTED LOATHING WILSON.)
2. I resolve to dissolve my life savings and go to Citi Field or Yankee Stadium. (DID NOT SUCCEED.)
3. I resolve to carry a sign to an A’s vs. Rangers game and get the object of my sign to autograph it. (DO NOT SUCCEED. BUT DID GET A C.J. WILSON AUTOGRAPH, ON THE UPSIDE, THAT PROMPTLY RUBBED OFF, AS SOON AS HE WALKED AWAY.)
4. I resolve to crash the 2011 GM Meetings. (DID NOT SUCCEED.)
5. I resolve to repeat my feat of walking over every inch of AT&T Park in stilettos. (DID NOT SUCCEED.)
Huh. Apparently those didn’t go so well.
No matter! I have a whole new slightly more reasonable batch now and a whole new year (well, whole assuming the world doesn’t, you know, end, seeing as it’s 2012) to get them done. Here we go:
1. I will follow Joey Martinez’s career with eagle eyes and be his #1 cheerleader.
2. I will go to sleep 10+ times to the sound of Jon Miller and Dave Flemming’s voice.
3. I will paint portraits of all the Giants. (Okay, fine. Probably not.)
4. I will finally, completely, actually finish A Band of Misfits. Yes, I got it after the 2010 season. Yes, I have not finished it. Yes, it’s still sitting on top of my bookshelf. Yes, I am not exactly motivated.
5. I will covert my fish into a baseball fan. It can be done. I have faith.
See? Are those awesome or are those awesome? And kinda-sorta potentially achievable, too. I am also going to try to call Brian Sabean until his phone message quota cracks, but I’m trying to make this list mega-achievable and all that so I left that one off.
On another note, I have to warn you that I will probably post an enormous number of posts next year if I continue on my current track record, which is 71 in 2010 and 245 this year. Forewarned is forearmed.
Anyhow, Happy New Year once more! Let’s all make 2012 fabulous, shall we?