The mini-vacay is over! All I ever dream about now is Jack Bauer threatening to shoot me and Alec Baldwin being my evil boss (which is to say, I spent the vacay watching old episodes of 24 and 30 Rock) and I’ve also spent an unreasonable amount of time meditating on the 2011 baseball season.
I am refreshed and ready to write. (Sort of.)
I figured I’ll deal with the New Year Resolutions tomorrow- procrastination? Heck yes.- and today go over some of the big baseball moments from the past year. That is, big baseball moments from this blog right here. Best Diamond Girl moments might be a more appropriate title. Ready? Okay, here we go.
- When me and Sabes met in post-apocalyptic San Fran and, er, chatted. About stuff.
- When me and my Giants hugged and chatted and braided each other’s hair. AKA, first game of Spring Training.
- When I wrote That Post. The one that people endlessly find in Google by searching things like “what should I wear to a baseball game???”. I have a lingering feeling that I’ve failed them, somehow.
- When I got all prophetic and ripped on the MLB Fan Cave.
- When the whole cinnamon roasted walnuts obsession started.
- When I inserted Jon Daniels and Michael Young into Confessions of a Shopaholic. That was fab.
- When I got all useful and thought of new career options for Selig, after he retires.
- When I FINALLY GOT CINNAMON ROASTED WALNUTS.
- When I made some ill conceived predictions for the season.
- When I got all “I was right!” about the MLB Fan Cave.
- When I left Sabes a nice phone message and he didn’t call me back.
- When I made a weird cake and won ULTIMATE Tim Lincecum Fan. Thank you, CSN Bay Area and I love you.
- When the Despicable Me balloon thing started.
- When I offered the bullpen “Diamonds! Piles of gold! Armani suits! Swiss watches! Hawaii Vacations!” and they not-so-politely declined.
- When I came up with twelve irratio- I mean, possible theories as to why the Giants walk off so much.
- When I asked y’all to do me a huge favor and tell me “hip contusion” actually means “he’s eating ice cream and watching corny romantic comedies on demand in his hotel room” in code.
- When I ate pink and white striped taffy and over-blogged the draft.
- When my prophetic-ness went a little wrong and I said Moneyball looked good. Ha, Diamond Girl.
- When I said “Peace out!” and “Check out my ump themed tote!”
- When the whole Despicable Me balloon scene struck again. This is Trends 101, people.
- When I got back on track with my prophecies and posted a photoshopped picture of Beltran in a Giants uni, pre-trade. Bam. That was a good moment.
- EPIC ROUNDTABLE HAPPENED NOW, Y’ALL.
- When I gave you all a little insight into me, during a game, with a play-by-play.
- When I posted more Despicable Me photos!
- When I got to the bottom of the whole Baer-kicking-Neukom-out thing.
- When I attempted to be nice about ripping the Moneyball movie and basically failed.
- When I wrote a too-long blog post that was not too different from this one, feat. 162 things I loved about the Giants in 2011.
- When I completely non-creepily offered AJ Preller hugs and brownies and continued to compare JD and Michael Young to the peeps in Confessions of a Shopaholic.
- When I did another play-by-play of me, during the now super-epic-famous-I-hated-it Game 6 of the World Series.
- When my love for Ryan Braun grew, grew, grew….
- When my love for Ryan Braun continued to grow, grow, grow
- When I got to the bottom of the whole CJ-not-interested-in-the-Rangers-Rangers-not-interested-in-CJ thing.
- When my love for Ryan Braun, well, faltered.
Phew. Okay. The year, in a nutshell. Say what you will about my list, I will bet it was better than some of those Yahoo stories they’re spamming my with right now.
So what was your favorite baseball moment from 2011? Or, better still, favorite Diamond Girl moment?
Diamond Girl Herself