When it comes to Rangers vs. Giants, my loyalties are a little complicated. This, you know about me.
I am not exactly looking forward to today’s game. Who do I root for? Then again, my two teams in one place? My ears and eyes on one game? That’s magic.
Now seems like a fitting time to make a player pitch (no pun intended. Seriously.) I don’t think any General Managers read this blog but hey, you never know. And if any do stumble across it, it can’t hurt to give them a little wake-up call about the missing link on their team. Two words:
Why you (the GM’s) might ask?
5 Reasons You Should Sign Him:
5. Picture him standing next to me. Just picture it. That’s 6″7 versus 5″1.
4. He’d provide your team with a giant positive PR hurricane. He runs Inspirational Quotes/Friendly Ball Player Reponses 101 over on Twitter.
3. He’s also the funniest guy since the creation of micro-blogging. “You know why KE$HA is cool? Cause she has a dollar sign in her name. That’s what I need. Michael $chlact.”
2. It is so 2000’s to judge a pitcher on his shoulder/elbow surgery. It’s hip and cool and 2011 to realize plenty of them come back from that. (Being hip and cool is obviously a convincing factor for General Managers.)
1. He is 110% committed to any team who will give him a chance. Even if you don’t know it yet, you need him around. And while you’re at it, follow him on Twitter at @Michael_Schlact.
By the way… I just realized that Opening Day is this month. Wow. Wow referring to the fact that it is and that I just noticed it.
p.s. There are so many things that crack me up about CJ Wilson’s blog header. Particularly the “2008, a whole new year” and the “how to pitch to Guerrero thing”. I guess he does need to pitch to Guerrero now. But he didn’t last year. I am a teen and all, but baseball moves too fast for my brain.