No, you misread the title. It said 5 facts to brighten your Blue Monday.
Not that my Monday needs any brightening. But I just read that today is something called Blue Monday- a day called by “scientists” the most depressing day of the year. Reading that was the most depressing thing that’s happened to me all day, honestly, but I figure some of you might need brightening. So. 5 Facts to Brighten Your Blue Monday.
5. Josh Hamilton left the hospital today, after being there for five days with pneumonia. Wishing him a smooth rest-of-recovery.
4. Albert Pujols will not leave the Cardinals. If we repeat that enough times, it will totally come true. Join hands. Positive affirmations only.
3. Moneyball comes out in 249 days. I am still not sold on the whole Brad Pitt thing but I am, evidently, counting the days ’til it comes out.
2. And since we’re doing the whole countdown thing here, it’s 73 days until the Ultimate Day, a.k.a. Opening Day. And I’ll let you in on a little secret. I just realized the home opener is on a special day for me. No, I’m not getting married or moving to the set of Lord of the Rings. Nothing like that. It’s a, you know, recurring special day. I will reveal more to my obviously riveted audience later.
1. The Giants won the World Series. Say it out loud, for good measure. I know it’s become sort of common knowledge now, but it does serve to remember it.
And here’s to a less depressing tomorrow. ::clinks orange juice glasses::