Peace and love and antlers to all!
I am purging 2010 (though seriously, what is there to purge? The Giants and the Rangers played each other in the World Series) by redoing my nail polish. Even so, I love New Year’s Eve and am pumped for 2011. It’s going to be very good. Armando Galarraga will do fantastically along with Eugenio Velez (he’ll do well, but the Dodgers won’t, of course) and Joe Martinez, who will be signed by the Rangers before the offseason ends. ::Diamond Girl gives Jon Daniels a very pointed look:: The Niners may also hire me as their GM (okay, yes, that’s unlikely). Bud Selig will decide to do important things like make the wild card wild and rename the Winter Meetings (this year from December 6th-9th) because everyone knows winter begins on December 21st. The world will get over their Glee complex and watch baseball instead. And the world will accept the antlers as the truth of all creation and wear them all year round.
I’m not really into New Year resolutions, but I’m going to try it this year.
1. I resolve to visit my grandparents in Los Angeles without fighting over whether Wilson or Broxton is a better closer.
2. I resolve to dissolve my life savings and go to Citi Field or Yankee Stadium.
3. I resolve to carry a sign to an A’s vs. Rangers game and get the object of my sign to autograph it.
4. I resolve to crash the 2011 GM Meetings.
5. I resolve to repeat my feat of walking over every inch of AT&T Park in stilettos.
Okay. I now have plenty to do next year. Soon it’ll be time (It’s Time!) to settle in for a night of delayed Times Square. Happy New Year everyone. Hugs and cupcakes and aviator Prada sunglasses to all in the coming year. 2011′s gonna rule.
p.s. 2010 was my first year at this- blogging- and so I want to thank you all again for reading and commenting. 71 entries. A lot of talk about Ryan Braun. I dig the world.